What You'll Need:
1. 2 woven trays/thin baskets that are roughly the same size (I found mine at Value Village in the home section). I opted for one slighter deeper than the other to create more of a clutch style.
2. 2 pieces of small fabric (I used some random 2-inch leather I had, you can use string too). It's to permanently close one end of the bag.
3. An old chain bracelet or necklace that has a clasp.
How to Make:
1. Lay 1 woven tray on top of the other ensuring the outer rims meet all the way around the 2 pieces.
2. Twist the trays looking for decent sized "holes" or openings/gaps in both pieces of the tray that will allow you to weave a piece of fabric or string through.
3. Take a piece of fabric/leather/string (whatever you have on hand) and weave it through both pieces. Tie tightly to secure of if using fabric like me (glue gun the piece together).
4. On the opposite end of the bag take a piece of chain and weave it through the top of the two woven pieces. This will act as your clasp on the top of the bag. You may need to cut your chain smaller to make for a tighter clasp (use proper pliers if needed). The bracelet I used has a basic lobster clasp so I can easily open and close the bag. Adjust your chain accordingly.
5.*If your bag doesn't have handles try weaving a strap or chain of your desired length through the sides as well.
What I'm Wearing:
AEO Denim X4 Skinny Jean, Who What Wear Bell Sleeve Vee, DIY woven clutch, Sam Edelman leopard D'Orsay Pump (similar, similar)
Check out my DIY pillow case clutch here!
Shop the post: